The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Max is MAD

Started by Bricktop, May 19, 2015, 01:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

That's right, folks.

Forget all these superhero American action movies that are identical except for the costumes. You want action, go see Mad Max. You will leave the theatre exhausted after 2 hours of the wildest ride the screen has ever seen. Brilliant production design, great vehicles and costumes, and driving action that will leave you breathless!!!

A nice touch...the villain in the 2015 version is played by the same guy who played the original villain in 1979 (different character).

If you want action, talk to Australians!!!

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjBb4SZ0F6Q

Annie

Mel Gibson played the original.  Who plays the guy now?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Bricktop

Odinson

Quote from: "Annie"Mel Gibson played the original.  Who plays the guy now?

Bane from Batman..

They took his mask off.

Renee

The Road Warrior was the only watchable film of the series and only then for its unintentional as well as intentional comedic value.

Awful films all and I have no doubt this new one will be exactly the same only with a bigger budget. Even Charlize Theron won't be able to save this turd.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"The Road Warrior was the only watchable film of the series and only then for its unintentional as well as intentional comedic value.

Awful films all and I have no doubt this new one will be exactly the same only with a bigger budget. Even Charlize Theron won't be able to save this turd.

I think a lot of men will want to see it Renee.

Odinson

Renee creamed her pants when she saw Lord Humungus.

ghost

I saw it last night. I will admit, it was pretty entertaining. Tom Hardy is fantastic as Max.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"The Road Warrior was the only watchable film of the series and only then for its unintentional as well as intentional comedic value.

Men are easily entertained. I have no doubt it will do well at the box office but that doesn't mean it's NOT millions of dollars worth of Hollywood pablum.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

Quote from: "ghost"I saw it last night. I will admit, it was pretty entertaining. Tom Hardy is fantastic as Max.

Thats because he is european...

Europe has better actors.

Odinson

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Men are easily entertained. I have no doubt it will do well at the box office but that doesn't mean it's NOT millions of dollars worth of Hollywood pablum.

Throw in some female BS and females pay big money to get to see it.

Tatterdamelion

A replica Big Bopper is for sale in Vancouver.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2iavcko.jpg">

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5030425315.html">//http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5030425315.html

Bricktop

This "turd" will probably be the biggest box office hit of 2015.

It was not made in Hollywood. It does not contain moralsing, schmaltz, or deus ex machina to rescue plot holes the size of the grand canyon.

And finally, if you haven't seen it, shut the fuck up until you do, then comment.

Romero

Fury Road has near perfect ratings and reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"Fury Road has near perfect ratings and reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB.

And you have to see it just for the guitar!!!

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/3/31/1427821675682/5e25da37-61d7-44fd-a9a3-b2f5b8b5a791-620x372.jpeg">

Apparently it really works. They use it in lieu of the old cavlary bugle. Death Metal chords with a flame thrower.

Now THAT'S class.